The 9th league match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 season will be played between Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals at Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy in Mumbai. Mumbai Indians, who have won the IPL title five times, did not have a better start to this season in which they lost in a close match against Delhi Capitals.
The batsmen of Mumbai Indians performed very well in this match, but due to the mistake of the bowlers, the team had to face defeat. After which now Mumbai’s eyes will be on victory in this important match. On the other hand, Rajasthan Royals (RR) started the season very well with a one-sided victory against Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH).
Match 9 – Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals
Venue – Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
Day and time – April 2 at 3.30 pm Indian time
Live Streaming – Star Sports Network and Disney Plus Hotstar
The pitch will be talked about so far 2 matches have been played here, in which the team winning the toss can decide to bowl first, so that the target can be chased easily later.
Possible playing XI:
Talking about the possible XI of the Mumbai Indians team regarding this match, then it is sure to return at number-3 to Suryakumar Yadav, who is now fully fit and ready to play again.
Probable XI – Rohit Sharma (capt), Ishan Kishan (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Verma, Tim David, Kieron Pollard, Daniel Sams, Murugan Ashwin, Timal Mills, Jasprit Bumrah, Basil Thampi.
Talking about the Rajasthan Royals team regarding this match, there is no hope of any change in it. In which the batsmen along with the bowlers played a great role in the first match for the team.
Probable XI – Jos Buttler, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson (Captain), Devdutt Padikal, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Ravichandran Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Pranand Krishna, Trent Boult.
Possible Dream11 Teams:
Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson (Captain), Ishan Kishan, Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav (Vice-Captain), Devdutt Padikal, Tilak Verma, Daniel Sams, Yuzvendra Chahal, Pranandhan Krishna, Murugan Ashwin.
Pitch report and conditions:
- In IPL 2022, Commerce has averaged 166.5 in the first innings in two innings.
- The team on the chase gives both in the same way.
- Although it is a better-friendly system, it can do a lot of magic for Bolo.
- By standard, this is also the advantage of the team that wins the toss bowling first.
How was MI’s performance at this place?
- Dr. DY Patil enjoys a winning percentage of MI 71.4 at the Sports Academy.
- They have won five of the seven matches at this ground.
- They last played a match here on May 4, 2011 (vs Pune Warriors India).
- MI scored a total of 160 runs.
- In reply, PWI lost seven wickets and lost by 21 runs to make only 139.
How have RR fared at this venue?
- Rajasthan Royals have a win and a loss each in two matches that they have played at this venue.
- They lost to MI by seven wickets on May 7, 2008.
- RR were bundled out for 103.
- In their second match at this venue, RR beat CSK by three wickets to be crowned the inaugural champions of IPL.
- They chased down a target of 164.
Take a look at some other place-related statistics:
- In the current season, PBKS has the honor of recording the highest score at this place (208, against RCB).
- KKR, meanwhile, is the current holder of the lowest score at this point (128, vs. RCB).
- A total of 24 wickets have been taken at this ground in the last two matches.
- Fast bowlers put 16 scallops in their pockets.
- The spinners, meanwhile, have taken 8 wickets.
FAQs on MI vs RR Prediction
Who will win today?
The winner of today’s match will be announced at the end of the match.